Monday, April 10, 2017 from 6:30pm – 8pm
Prairie Management on Public & Private Property in Tarrant County
Amon G. Carter, Jr. – Downtown YMCA at 512 Lamar Street
We have an exciting program planned for the April 10, 2017 meeting of the Native Prairies Association of Texas Fort Worth Chapter meeting. There is a groundswell developing in Tarrant County among public and private property owners and managers to identify, conserve and in many cases restore native prairie remnants for a variety of reasons. What motivates people to learn about and save their local natural heritage? And how can folks connect to other like-minded conservationists?
To explore answers to these questions and to facilitate networking we have put together a panel of local prairie owners/managers for our April meeting. Currently scheduled to serve as panelists are:
- Mr. Nathan Loftice – Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Sustainability and Environmental Division
- Mr. Don Young – Founder and President, Friends of Tandy Hills Natural Area
- Dr. Greta Bowling – Faculty Member, Tarrant County College Northwest Campus
- Dr. Jeanmarie Stiles – Faculty Member, Tarrant County College Northeast Campus
- Ms. Floreen Henry – Faculty Member, Tarrant County College South Campus
- Mr. Marc Villanueva – Lead Groundskeeper, Tarrant County College Southeast Campus
- Ms. Pat Merkord – Executive Director, Native Prairies Association of Texas
Suzanne Tuttle, FW-NPAT Treasurer and recently retired Manager of the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge will serve as moderator. Audience members are encouraged to actively engage in the discussion. Please join us – we expect a lively, informative evening!